One s job has a greater influence on one s overall happiness than one s social life does

One's job has a greater influence on one's overall happiness than one's social life does.

Job is an essential part of people’s life. It represents the career path that one pursues, and one makes money by doing their jobs. Besides, social life is also indispensable for a person to live in society – they need to build relationships with various people to support each other. There is a saying that one’s overall happiness is more influenced by their job instead of their social life. From my perspective, I agree with the idea.
First of all, by doing their job, a person can get paid and money brings happiness. By owning a large amount of money, a person can purchase what they want and use them for various purposes such as traveling, enjoying a concert, watching a movie, etc. All of these affect greatly on and bring joyfulness to a person’s life. If a person loses their job, they lose a stable economic income. They have to rely on the remedy given by the governments to survive, or they need to borrow money from others, adding to their debts. However, living with debts is not pleasant – people with heavy debts often experience stressful periods in their lives, and even get mentally ill. For example, before my friend Tom lost his job, he was an optimistic and outgoing person who had lots of friends. But after being dismissed by the company, he changed dramatically – almost into a completely different person who drinks all day and even became addicted to drugs. This massive change of a person is simply because of his job.
Additionally, a person can have a great sense of achievement when they are doing their jobs, which further bring happiness. People can experience a sense of fulfillment in their jobs if they are pursuing the exact career they want. Those people often work with motivation and full of spirits, enabling them to make some big changes to their industries for the greatest good of human beings. In this way, they are more likely to become successful since they fully immsersed themselves into their works. Undoubtedly, achieving success in their job brings one with tremendous joy lasting for a long time. Take me as an example. When I was first doing my internship in a small e-commerce company, I found the works were heavy and boring. But one day, the company recommended me to participate in a business competition, where to my surprise, I won the first prize. This experience really gave me motivation in doing my job later on.
In a nutshell, it is concluded that one’s job has greater influence on their overall business than their social life does, because they can make money and achieve success as they do their jobs.