Essay topics: Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
Since the aim of participating in the school is to train children to be prepared for real life, it is very sensational how to teach them face challenges such as fulfilling a task and getting high scores in school. Although some people might adhere to the idea that giving money as reward to children in school is a practical approach, others believe that it is not a good idea to motivate students by money. From my vintage point, paying money to students when they achieve high grade in the school is not a suitable idea for nurturing children. I will elaborate on my reasons through the following paragraphs.
To start with, it is worthy to mention that by considering money as a reward for encouraging students to study more and get higher scores, children will be focusing on earning money instead of learning in school after a while. The reason that students get marks in school is that to let them know how their learning process is evaluated, and they should try more if it is required. So, offering money after reaching high marks in the school, will change the purpose of exams and classes. Take a personal experience as an example: my youngest brother was not doing very well in the school, so my parents started to keep him galvanized by paying money or buying expensive thing for him. His results got better and better: the more they gave him the reward, the more he tryed to study. It is not far from the imagination that my parents were sure that my brother was a hard-working student, so the next year, they stopped buying him new things. As it is predictable, my brother refused to study and his grades were too poor again. It is a commonly held belief that putting effort on learning in school should be based on an eternal desire, because external factors could be simply cut.
Another reason I would like to bring up is that children should learn that making a better future for themselves does not always come with an award. People do many actions in their lives to make improvements and breakthroughs, but only very little of those will be appreciated. Students should be tought that trying and learning is a personal issue and they cannot expect receive prizes after doing a favor for themselves. They should konw that not only some efforts do not face appreciation, but also sometimes people will not make a success in their lives even though they have been working hard to achieve it.
To make a long story short, I hold the view that paying money to school-age children is not the best idea because it will distract children from concentrating on learning, and it will deprive them from getting the insight that not all of our actions are getting a reward.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 13 hours ago||mugdha01||76||Read full essay|
|4 days 14 hours ago||mugdha01||70||Read full essay|
|4 days 14 hours ago||mugdha01||76||Read full essay|
|4 days 14 hours ago||mugdha01||73||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||hymscott||76||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||hamiddelbari||83||Read full essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||Mahimoon||73||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||dorsagh||81||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 7 hours ago||Artamen||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Shayooooon||73||Read full essay|
- TPO 40Did bees (a type of insect) exist on Earth as early as 200 million years ago? Such a theory is supported by the discovery of very old fossil structures that resemble bee nests. The structures have been found inside 200- million-year-old fossilized t (3)
- do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (83)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most advertisements make products seem much better then they really are.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (3)
- You are helping to select a leader for a student organization or club. Do you agree or disagree that a person’s honesty is the most important thing to consider in deciding whom to vote for?Use reasons and examples to support your position. (70)
- Which one do you prefer? Why? 1) a company offering you a job with challenging and interesting projects but less vacation days or 2) another company offering you a job that is not so challenging and interesting but has more vacation days. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Dancing plays an important role in a culture. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Dancing plays an important role in a culture. (76)
- Do You Agree Or Disagree With The Following Statement? Dancing Plays An Important Role In A Culture. Use Specific Reasons And Examples To Support Your Answer. (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (76)