TOPIC # 50 Some people like to do only what they already do well. Other people prefer to try new things and take risks. Which do you prefer?

Some people just like the security of their current lifestyle and dread taking risks, on the contrast others find life meaningless without exploring new things. I personally believe that every individual should give the chance of trying new things to himself.

First, it is indisputable that without trying new things and venturing, today’s world would not have gone this far. All these innovations and achievements have happened because our ancestors dared to try new things. For example, airplanes would have not been created, if some ancients had not given flying a try. Meanwhile, no one can enhance his personal life by being satisfied with the current situation and remaining static. Enriching life, thriving in job, and so forth demand some spirit and courage.

Second, some people repel new things as they are likely to be risky or hurtful. I do not deny it, but we should accept that nothing in this world is for sure, every single action or situation is accompanied by some challenges and risks, even our present state. For instance, one who persists in maintaining his current stable position in a firm might unexpectedly get fired from work, and, consequently, this would affect all aspects of his life, although he did not want to. Life always has its surprises and risks anyhow, so it is better to use the variety of our life, before it astounds us.

Third, a new experience may turn to our surprise very good. Seeking new experiences may either represent various opportunities or unearth valuable talents. To illustrate, during childhood, I mastered gymnastic. Nevertheless, I took part in variety of sports classes which led me to this conclusion that I am gifted in swimming, which I could have not known this if I had not given it a go.

To sum it up, I believe we should explore life further by taking wise risks and considering that even our present spot might hurt us, too. Otherwise, advancement would stop, and we would never get to find new opportunities and our own talents.

You may read essays by this user:
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james

her writing technique is more close to native people.

The essays are for IELTS.