Home >> Independent Toefl Writing Essays

TPO-05 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.Use specific reasons and examples to suppo

lindsey's picture

Time can be person's powerful measure or a man's worst enemy. There are myriad factors or considerations that every one should take into account about spending time efficiently. I strongly believe that meanwhile people spend plenty of time on personal enjoyment rather than performing tasks that they are obligated to and should do. Someone can consciously weigh the pros and cons of each side, the reasons will be explored in the following essay.

To begin with, the invasion of technological aspects to our daily lives is a vigorous measure, whereby internet and smart machines are now demanded to each house. An individual, regardless of his occupation, cannot live without access to the spider web, Internet is connecting the diversity of countries worldwide and transforming them to a tiny controllable village. Moreover, with the mysterious spread of social media, especially through adolescents, is a dangerous virus affecting the entire generation with various effects including educational and social aspects. No one can argue with the fact that surfing the net is the most enjoyable activity for almost all people and it is leading to waste of time to both workers and students who need to achieve their dreams.

Furthermore, from a psychological and social perspective, practicing solely the personal enjoyable tasks rather than the musts is becoming the popular trend nowadays, due to the fact that people are now feeling more free and with fewer requirements to be controlled in their personal lives. A teenager is now refusing any advice from his parents and guardians, even teachers in the academic field, they are losing the ability to engage their students in certain productive tasks that they are required to do, regardless of their preference and whether the job is favorable to their taste in living or not.

Admittedly, there are some justifications by one who argues that spending time doing personal enjoyment things can promote health condition and reduce the stress accompanied by mysterious life events. However, still I affirm that spending enormous times on just personal enjoyment is definitely a waste of time and leads to unacceptable results. In fact, reckless behavior and irresponsibility is now inflating within the society, whereby wasting essential time for doing important and required tasks is increasing the count of duties and obligations of the individual, and thus this lead to more stress and squeeze in time.

Due to aforementioned ground, all folks should bear in mind that spending too much time on personal enjoyment would ab time, effort and productivity from the persons ability. This have devastating effects on many aspects of life including mental, social, and professional criteria.

Your rating: None Average: 9 (1 vote)