Students should learn what is needed for their life.Some people believe that student should learn about concepts and ideas rather than facts. On the other hand, some think the opposite, that facts and serious life is more important than ideas and concepts and dreams that are taught in school. I strongly believe that we should involve our children in serious life, the sooner the better. I have following reasons to support my idea.
First of all, when we are at school we are so little that we can not decide for our selves. So the school has to give good program to us and organize us well. When I was in my school in Iran unfortunately foreign language was not in our program at all. Elementary school was done without any English as English become international language nowadays. So I had dreams about foreign countries such as USA like heaven. I feel behind the world now. There was no Cartoon in English or Suboprah that I can learn English from.
Moreover, maths and chemistry are taught to school children but how much are they going to use is the question. Here in North America I heard when they are going to Art they do not need to know any mathematics so the kids are very weak in mathematics in comparison with middle east countries. I wasted my time in Iran by being a good student in maths and chemistry that no where in the world is seen. Calculation with Persian numbers, knowing chemistry formula by heart in Farsi does not count any other place other than Iran. My major which is computer programming in Iran is so competitive too.
Furthermore, real life is different from what we learnt in school we have to learn it as life goes on. The most important thing to know that I recently became to know is how to make money. When we are at school age we are educated to work and make money for better life.
All in all, I strongly agree with the idea that we need to teach more serious and real thing to kids in school. So that when they come to real world they do not shock with reality and all their dreams become unreal.
- TPO-14 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 60
- TPO-14 - Integrated Writing Task Every year, forest fires and severe stormscause a great deal of damage to forests in the northwestern United States. One way of dealing with the aftermath of these disasters is called salvage logging, which is the practice 60
- TPO-13 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The extended family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 47
- TPO-24 - Integrated Writing Task Animal fossils usually provide very little opportunity to study the actual animal tissues, because in fossils the animals' living tissues have been largely replaced by minerals. Thus, scientists were very excited recently 47
- Some people enjoy change ,others live their life the same. compare these two approaches to life. which approach do you prefer? 60
The essay is not exactly right on the topic. Read the essay topic again and think why.
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: ? in 30
Category: ? Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 377 350
No. of Characters: 1632 1500
No. of Different Words: 175 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.406 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.329 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.241 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 98 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 63 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 37 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 19 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.952 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.214 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.476 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.31 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.527 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.123 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5