Home >> Independent Toefl Writing Essays

TPO-14 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

lindsey's picture

There are certain considerations or factors that every one should take into account about traveling experiences of each individual. I strongly disagree with the measure that people benefit more from traveling in their own country in comparison to traveling to foreign countries. Someone can consciously weigh the pros and cons of each side. The reasons will be explored in the following essay.

To begin with, traveling to foreign countries enables the person to be in contact with new people and be involved in different cultures. The culture include anthropologically the description of how the individuals behave in side a particular society, as well as illustrating the type of interaction between people vs other society members, or between people and their environment. Moreover, the culture validates the country's history to surround and stamp all the aspects of their lives. Even the type of food that you eat in a different country will be a biologically exciting and interesting experience to your own taste buds. By visiting a new different country, you will be able to explore all that.

Furthermore, from a psychological perspective, traveling to a foreign country opens the minds of individuals, which is a superb personal benefit. People tend to become more open to go threw various experiments in their own life. They will have a guaranteed extra knowledge about different places all over the world. One is able to read and define a country by an enormous count of books, but nothing can picture a country like visiting it. The individual becomes more ready to accept how others live and act, this is an advantageous characteristic of a person who visits new countries.

Admittedly, there are some justifications by one who argues that traveling inside their own country enables them to be aware of every detail and special site in their home country, that have a peaceful feeling of warmness inside their hearts. However, still I affirm that traveling to new countries have so many marvelous strength measures over others who only limit their self to their own country. Unlimited mysterious experiences guard the brains of the person when he explore new experiences in his life.

Due to aforementioned ground, all folks should bear in mind that visiting foreign countries is much more rewarding than staying within the boundaries of their own country. This affect the person both culturally and psychologically to define one's personality.