Home >> .

TPO-47 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life.

Mennatallah's picture

There is no doubt that the new world is being so small and linked together by several ways may be economic or political. According to my view I agree that it is important to have a knowledge about the events happening all over the world and I think that they may have indirect role into my life and the explanations are going as follow.

First, I'm Egyptian and I used to live in Egypt. After I have been finished my graduate, I decided to have a job overseas. Finally, after a lot of applying I received an approval form a petroleum company at Saudi Arabia and worked there around three months.I was very disappointed because I had not received my salary and my workmates laughed at me and said that it is the recent situation because of the economic decline in the country and claimed that I'm not a good listener to the news. If I were known, I would choose another country.

In addition to that point, I'm a biochemist and doctoral researcher. when I was supposed to complete buying the chemicals required for my research, I surprised when the chemical company send the bill, the price of the chemicals was increased triply from the last time I bought and it argued that the increasing was related to the recent value of dollar. If I were known that the dollar increased triply, I would bought more quantity of chemicals.

Lastly, I think that the world events have a pleasant effect into my life. For example, the world cup is the most important football championship that happen every four years. I have watched the last championship with my all family members. We used to meet at my grandfather house and wear the T-shirts of our national team and holds the flags of our country. This event made me very happy and Cheerful because I always busy and have no time to meet my family, so; it was a good chance to see them and supported our national team together.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)