Essay topics: Integrated- group work
The passage explains how group work can promote the decision making process. However, the lecturer mentions some disadvantages of such practice which cast doubt on the claims of the reading.
Firstly, the professor argues that people tend to conform to the ideas of the majority in a group. Thus, groups usually ignore any contradicting view. This is against the passage claim that working together in accomplishing a task leads to the pooling of intellectual resources and a more varied and deeper view toward a problem.
Secondly, the lecturer highlights the false believe of being immune from making mistakes among groups. He illustrates his point by a case of prison break due to the fact that none of the responsible agents could believe that a single prisoner would deceive them. This is in contrast to the passage that says sharing the responsibility of making decision, to reduce the risk of making wrong decision, is a benefit of group work.
Finally, he asserts that group members usually reassure each other about their decisions so that they may stick to a wrong idea. The Ford company failure in making a best seller product is an example of this type of mall-efficiency. This undermines the reading that says a benefit of group work is brainstorming, which results in achieving worthwhile goals.
- Do you agree or disagree that television programs, movies, and video games influence young people's behavior?Give reasons and specific examples to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated-twins (90)
- Do you agrees or disagree. Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.Give specific example and reasons to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated- group work (70)
- The widespread use of the internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world? (95)
- Do you agree or disagree ? Childhood is the happiest time in a person`s life. Include reasons and examples to support your opinion. (45)
- integrated task- reward (80)
- Do you agree or disagree?Standardized Tests Like the Toefl Provide Sufficient Information to Determine Whether Students Should Be Admitted to a College or University EssayGive your reasons and examples to support your view (80)
- Integrated task- international working day (90)
- You are planning to study abroad. What do you think you will like and dislike about this experience? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer (95)