Integrated essay. psychology

Integrated essay. psychology

The lecture contends psychology is a social science and supports this claim by discussing different aspects of it. The lecturer undermines the main premise of the passage that claims psychology is a natural science.

Firstly, the lecture asserts that psychology deals with the mental processes that cause the social behaviors or influence them. Actually, it studies the relationship between the biological and psychological aspects of the mind and their correlations to social behaviors. This is in contrast to the passage that defines psychology as a natural science, dealing with senses and physiology.

Secondly, the lecture highlights that psychology like any other social sciences gives subjective interpretation of mental phenomenon in order to propose patterns of social behavior and explains mental-social inter-relationships. This is completely opposite to the premise of the passage that says psychology is based on objectively verified facts.

Finally, according to the lecture, all sub-fields of psychology, such as social, cognitive, and organizational psychology, are concerned with how social behaviors are influenced by mental functions. In fact, they all have natural basis but social applications. This refutes the passage's claim that mentions all sub-fields of psychology are purely natural sciences.

The lecturer undermines the main premise of the passage that claims psychology is a natural science.
The lecturer undermines the main premise of the passage and claims psychology is a natural science.

psychology deals with the mental processes that cause the social behaviors or influence them.
Description: 'them' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronouns.