integrated. tpo 26

Essay topics

In this set of materials, the professor in the lecture repudiated what stated in the reading passage resting upon fallacious premises and used several points that are contrary to the idea that Zebra Mussels are very dangerous and their spread can not be controlled by any means. the professor argued that now there are many different ways to control the Zebra mussels, in contrast to the past, and they do not represent serious threats to the fish population in North America. However, the reading passage represented three evidences indicating that their spread from Eastern Europe to North America has adverse effect on fish population and habitat.

The first point that the professor used to disagree with the reading passage is, the way that Zebra Mussels were transported from their original habitat to North America. According to the reading passage, zebra Mussels were transported via ships where they survived in the ballast water and therefore it is impossible to control their spread. The professor contradicted this point by acknowledging that it is possible to reduce their spread by replacing the ballast water with salt water which has a lethal effect on Zebra Mussel.

Furthermore, the reading passage claimed that Zebra Mussels' high reproduction rates and lack of natural predator contributed to their prevalence in the place they inhabit. The professor's view did not coincide with that of the reading passage. He articulates that many of the local aquatic birds changed their nutritional habits due to food deficiency and started to eat Zebra Mussels.

Although the reading passage stated that competition between Zebra Mussels and other plankton-eaters fishes , affected the overall population of freshwater fishes. This seems to be inaccurate as explained in the lecture. The professor pointed out that some of the bottom sea fishes utilised the nutrients generated from Zebra Mussels as food sources. This resulted in increasing the population of bottom sea population and compensated the decreased plankton eaters fishes.

To sum up, the points made in the lecture contradicted with the main idea conveyed in the reading passage.

Sentence: Although the reading passage stated that competition between Zebra Mussels and other plankton-eaters fishes , affected the overall population of freshwater fishes.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to plankton-eaters and fishes

Sentence: This resulted in increasing the population of bottom sea population and compensated the decreased plankton eaters fishes.
Suggestion: Refer to eaters and fishes

Sentence: To sum up, the points made in the lecture contradicted with the main idea conveyed in the reading passage.
Description: The word sum is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to sum

Sentence: Furthermore, the reading passage claimed that Zebra Mussels' high reproduction rates and lack of natural predator contributed to their prevalence in the place they inhabit.
Error: predator Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: He articulates that many of the local aquatic birds changed their nutritional habits due to food deficiency and started to eat Zebra Mussels.
Error: nutritional Suggestion: No alternate word

Error: plankton-eaters Suggestion: plankton eaters

Sentence: The professor pointed out that some of the bottom sea fishes utilised the nutrients generated from Zebra Mussels as food sources.
Error: utilised Suggestion: utilized

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

The correct pattern:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages a lot but put more content from the lecture.

Don't need a conclusion paragraph.