Essay topics: Integrated-twins
The reading explains that twins have been traditionally studied in order to verify the amount of influence that genetic and environmental factors may exert on physical and intellectual development of the human beings. However, the professor believes that some of the assumptions introduced in the passage are not reliable.
First of all, the passage argues that the higher similarity between the characteristics of identical twins comparing to fraternal twins is related to the role of genes in making up our personality. The professor casts doubt on this assumption by bringing about the possible dissimilarities between the environments that pairs of different types of twins may experience.
Secondly, the passage indicates that since monozygotic twins share the same genetic codes while the dizygotic ones share half of the codes of each other, similarities between the former's behavior can be ascribed to their genes. However, the professor suggests that this may be due to the different attitudes toward identical twins comparing to the fraternal twins.
She further discusses that identical twins are usually considered as a single unit and thus, they are more perobable to be treated identically than their fraternal peers. For example, it is likely that they are both served with the same type of ice-cream. Therefore, their similar taste might be the result of an environmental factor rather than heredity.
- Do you agree or disagree that television programs, movies, and video games influence young people's behavior?Give reasons and specific examples to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated-twins (90)
- Do you agrees or disagree. Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.Give specific example and reasons to support your claim. (80)
- Integrated- group work (70)
- The widespread use of the internet has given people access to information on a level never experienced before. How does this increase in the availability of information influence life in today's world? (95)
- Do you agree or disagree ? Childhood is the happiest time in a person`s life. Include reasons and examples to support your opinion. (45)
- integrated task- reward (80)
- Do you agree or disagree?Standardized Tests Like the Toefl Provide Sufficient Information to Determine Whether Students Should Be Admitted to a College or University EssayGive your reasons and examples to support your view (80)
- Integrated task- international working day (90)
- You are planning to study abroad. What do you think you will like and dislike about this experience? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer (95)