TOEFL integrated writing: work a four-day week.

The article states that in USA there should a mandatory policy in companies to offer employees option to work 4 days in a week paying 80% of the normal salary which can benefit both the company and employees. and provides 3 reasons of supports. However, the professor explains that neither this policy will be beneficial for the company nor employees and refutes each of the author's reason.

first, the reading claims that less days work means the company's profit will b high as employees will be more rested and alert which will lead to make less costly errors by the employees.It also states that company will be free of error prone people and over burden of works. On contrary ,the professor states that there will be no extra profit if the employees will works for 4 days. He explains that if the employees will work for four days a week the the company has to hire more staffs which will require more office space which requires more money. he also explained that new employees will require training which also needs lots of money.According to him , the health benefits for all employees would be same which ultimately requires cost.so companies will not be benefited with this policy.

Second, the article posits that this policy will reduce the unemployment rate as new staffs will be hired . The author explains that if 4 employees will works 4 days means one new employee can be hired with the same money as the employees will receive 80% of their salary. On the other hand, the professor says that there will not be any reduction in unemployment rate as the companies will asses the increase of cost involved in hiring new staff. so they may expect the employees to work overtime and the works should be finished in lesser time which will make the job unpleasant.

Third, the reading says that by getting more holidays means more leisure time to do private interest, more time for family which will help in increasing quality of life. The professor opposes this point by explaining that if the employees will work 4 days a week then the quality of life will decrease as the job stability will decrease during recession. Employees who works full week will be choosed for promotions and higher positions like management as they will be more trusted for their consistency and can supervise more efficiently than those work for 4 days a week.

Sentence: On contrary ,the professor states that there will be no extra profit if the employees will works for 4 days.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and works

Sentence: The author explains that if 4 employees will works 4 days means one new employee can be hired with the same money as the employees will receive 80 of their salary.
Suggestion: Refer to will and works

Sentence: Employees who works full week will be choosed for promotions and higher positions like management as they will be more trusted for their consistency and can supervise more efficiently than those work for 4 days a week.
Error: choosed Suggestion: No alternate word

Write the essay in 20 minutes.