TPO 01 Integrated Writing Task In the United States employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day However many employees want to work a four day week and are willing to accept less pay in order to do so A mandatory policy

TPO-01 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay in order to do so. A mandatory policy

The reading passage discusses the topic of the four-day working mode, and the author puts forward the statement that the policy will be beneficial to both the employees and the companies as well as the economy. Whereas in the lecture the professor thinks the statement is unconvincing, saying that it will not have a good effect on all the people as the passage expects. And he uses three examples to support his idea.

First of all, despite the passage suggests that the four-day workweek will increase the profit of the company, the professor argues that it will probably force the company to spend much more money on it. This is because the company will provide much more money in training new employees and in medical benefits. Also, with much more employees, the company have to offer a larger office space and more computer. Obviously, there will be much more additional cost and it will end up reducing the profit of the companies.

Moreover, although the author of the reading passage claims that it will reduce the number of unemployed people, the professor disputes that it will not provide any additional jobs. On the contrary, it will make the job more unpleasant. Because hiring people is costly, so the company tends to ask the employees to finish the same amount of work in five days.

Finally, contrary to the statement in the reading passage that the policy will have a better effect for employees, the professor suggests that it will let them face the risk of reducing the quality of their lives. He supports his point by saying that it will decrease the working ability of the employees who choose it and make them the first person to face losing job and let them pass away from promotion because the company needs the person who can provide continuous management and supervision.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.