TPO 14 Integrated writing

TPO 14 Integrated writing

In this set of materials the article posits that salvage logging -which means removing dead trees- is a great way to handle the problems about the forests in the US. In this regard, it provides three reason of support. However, the lecturer raises questions on the ideas and presents some evidence to refute them all.

First of all, the author of the reading passage states that salvage logging can aid the fresh trees to grow fast in the forests in the place of the deed trees, which leads to create a younger forest. In contrast, the professor refutes this point by saying that dead trees will produce positive materials in the soil which have more advantages rather than removing these dead trees. She mentions that it is recommended that trees grow in the natural process without human interference.

The next reason which is uttered in the article is that salvage logging will decrease the insects in number, resulting to healthier environment for trees. On the contrast, the lecturer explains that these insects can endure for hundred years and removing dead trees doesn't has any effect on their population. Also, according to the professor, these insects are not as negative as salvage logging for the environment.

The last justification which is presented by the author of the reading passage is that salvage logging assists the economic; moreover it can create additional jobs in the community. Conversely, the speaker asserts that financial profit of the salvage logging is so limited. Furthermore, the jobs that will be created by salvage logging are just contemporary and people can't work for a long while.

have more advantages rather than removing these dead trees
have more advantages than removing these dead trees

this is wrong:
'salvage logging -which means removing dead trees'

correct:
Salvage logging is the practice of logging trees in forest areas that have been damaged by wildfire, flood, severe wind, disease, insect infestation...