TPO 20

TPO 20

The reading claims that because of the large scale of the damage in Yellowstone, many people called for replacing the" let it burn"policy with a policy of distinguishing forests fires as soon as they appeared. It provides three kinds of damages caused by the"let it burn" policy. However, the professor states that fires are natural things and they have a creative role for forests and she states three advantages for the Yellowstone's fire.

First, the article avers that Yellowstone fire caused tremendous damage to the park's trees and other vegetation. In contrast, the speaker opposes this point by saying that after the fires, the area was conlonized by new plants so the plants became more divers. She mentions that fires created a good habitat for new plants. In addition, the seeds of certain species did not terminate, but they reappeared after the fire. This disputes the first point in the passage.

Second, the article posits that the park wildlife was affected as well. On the other hand, the lecturer counters this point by stating that animals' population were thrived after the fire because of the new opportunity there for small animals. In fact, she argues that the fire created an ideal habitat for animlas such as rabbites and many predators appeared there so food chain became so strong. This appears a contradiction to the information made in the passage.

Third, the passage asserts that the fires compromised the value of the park as a tourist attraction, which in turn had negative consequences for the local economy. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that this would be a problem if the fire happens every year, but that fire occured because of many combination such as low rain fall, dryness, and winds. She explains that this combination did not occur after this fire and visitores came back next year after the damage and each year after that.

Sentence: In contrast, the speaker opposes this point by saying that after the fires, the area was conlonized by new plants so the plants became more divers.
Error: conlonized Suggestion: colonized

Sentence: In fact, she argues that the fire created an ideal habitat for animlas such as rabbites and many predators appeared there so food chain became so strong.
Error: rabbites Suggestion: rabbits
Error: animlas Suggestion: animals

Sentence: Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that this would be a problem if the fire happens every year, but that fire occured because of many combination such as low rain fall, dryness, and winds.
Error: occured Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: She explains that this combination did not occur after this fire and visitores came back next year after the damage and each year after that.
Error: visitores Suggestion: visitors