TPO 20 Task 1

Essay topics

Regarding the reading, there are serious reasons to stop or replace the common practice of "let it burn" which is used in case of natural forest fires, especially after the Yellowstone park fires. In contrast, the professor believes that this fire is a natural part of the ecosystem, therefor she refuted the author's reasons due to three concrete pieces of evidences.

First, the "let it burn'" practice should be replace because the Yellowstone fires caused a tremendous damage to the whole park including the park trees and vegetation and leaving almost one third of the Yellowstone land scorched, based on the what the reading claims. In contrast, the professor states that the fires create diversity and an ideal habitat for other vegetation to grow and thrive, she gave an example of small planets that need an open, un shaded place to grow. In addition the professor explains that some seeds need a very high temperature to start the germination process and the fires provide this critical steps for these seeds.

Second, the reading states that the park wildlife was severely affected by the fires as well. Quiet the reverse, the professor mentions that the wildlife did recover from the fires, beside the fact that the fire create a new opportunity for other small animals like the rabbit to thrive, she added that smaller animal predator also get the advantage of the new habitat after the fires.

Finally, according to the reading, the local economy was negatively affected after the cease of tourist activity due to the park fires that last for several months. The professor casts doubt on this issue by saying that this fires happen only once and because of many other factors that all worked together to feed the fire and make it worse, the fire result was so massive. In addition the professor asserts that since 1988 Yellowstone did not witness any fire, and that tourist trips return to normal after that.

should be replace because
should be replaced because

based on the what the reading claims.
based on what the reading claims.

the fire create a new opportunity
the fires create a new opportunity

smaller animal predator also get the advantage
smaller animal predators also get the advantage

Write the essay in 20 minutes.