TPO 25, Integrated

Essay topics

The reading states that , in 1983 an archaeologist proposed that these vessels produce small electricity when they filled with liquid,however it's not likely that the vessels were actually used as electric batteries in ancient times, and it provides three supporting reasons. Conversely the professor says that all the arguments given by the reading are unconvincing and she refutes each claim in the reading.

First, the reading claims that, if the vessels were used as batteries, they would probably have been attached to some electricity conductors such as metal wires. But there is no evedince that any metal wires were located there. But the professor says that, vessels located by the local people not buy the archaeologist so they found other material near the vessels served as conductor and never no which are these.

Second , the reading says that, the copper cylinders inside the jars look exactly like copper cylinders discovered in the ruins of Seleucia, an ancient city located nearby. However the professor says that, this is true but dosn't not relly aprove anything. If they used them together thus the electricity will produce.

Third, the reading states that , they have no devices that replied on electricity. But the professor says that, they used elecricity in medicine as for now days such as for healing ,stimulatation muscles or to relief pain so the ancient doctors used them in the same way.

by the local people not buy the archaeologist
by the local people not by the archaeologist

to relief pain
to relieve pain

Sentence: The reading states that , in 1983 an archaeologist proposed that these vessels produce small electricity when they filled with liquid,however it's not likely that the vessels were actually used as electric batteries in ancient times, and it provides three supporting reasons.
Error: archaeologist Suggestion: archeologist

Sentence: But there is no evedince that any metal wires were located there.
Error: evedince Suggestion: evidence

Sentence: But the professor says that, vessels located by the local people not buy the archaeologist so they found other material near the vessels served as conductor and never no which are these.

Sentence: However the professor says that, this is true but dosn't not relly aprove anything.
Error: aprove Suggestion: prove
Error: relly Suggestion: rely

Sentence: But the professor says that, they used elecricity in medicine as for now days such as for healing ,stimulatation muscles or to relief pain so the ancient doctors used them in the same way.
Error: elecricity Suggestion: electricity
Error: stimulatation Suggestion: stimulation