TPO 25 Integrated task

TPO 25 Integrated task

Both the passage and the reading talk about the possibility that whether the clay vessels found in Iraq were used for producing electricity. While the writer brings three reasons that It is not possible, the professor disagrees and says the reasons are not convincing.

First, the writer asserts that lack of any conductors in vessels such as metal wires indicates they were not used for producing electricity. However, the professor rejects this reason. She points out that vessels were found by local people, who were not trained in the archaeology field, so maybe the conducting materials such as wire might have overlooked or thrown away.

Second, the writer points out that the vessels were used for storage purposes like holding scrolls actually. but again, the professor disagrees. She comes up with the explanation that maybe they were used for such purpose at the beginning, but later times, someone actually put the vessels with iron bar and copper cylinder together. Hence, the vessels adapted to producing electricity over times.

Last but not least, the writer asserts that ancient people had no use for electricity as they had no devices that relied on it. but again, the professor refutes. She argues that there were actually some situations that the electricity was useful such as relieving pain from muscles.