TPO 9

TPO 9

The reading specifies that hydrogen based fuel-cell engine is the most promising alternative source of energy for cars instead of internal-combustion engines. The professor, however, states that the solution of hydrogen fuel sources is way too optimistic and refutes them all.

First, based on the reading, hydrogen can be derived from water and other sources as a renewable resource. Nevertheless, the lecturer explains that it is true that hydrogen is available in a water, but it can be used and separated from the water. The pure liquid of the hydrogen should be produced for utilizing as fuels and also, it need a very cold situation that are not practical for companies. Moreover, the pure liquid form of it is artificial.

Second, according to the reading, fuels based on the oil pollute the environment by emission of carbon dioxide. In contrast, the speaker says that using hydrogen do not solve the problem of pollution. Producing pure hydrogen also needs a great amount of energy. Therefore, factories need to use energy by burning oil causing pollution.

Third, the lecture describes that fuel cell engines require more money and this cost is not economically suitable. On the contrary, the professor explains that cars using internal combustion engine have a material which is very rare. For using hydrogen, this platinum material should replaced. To this far, factories were not successful to find a useful replacement for it. Therefore, it could not lead to saving costs.