tpo10

tpo10

The reading claims that the people are reading far less literature novels, plays, and poems than they used to. This trend has unfortunate effect for the reading public, for culture in general, and for the future of literature itself. It provides three reasons of support. In contrast, the professor states that this trend has less effect to culture and she refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the article avers that while there has been a decline in book generally, the decline has been especially sharp for literature. However, the speaker opposes this point by saying that there are many intellectual books such as science, political analysis, and other types of books that are creative. In fact, these kind of books could stimulate imaginations as the literature books do, so there is no different between them.

Second, the passage posits that the people are reading self books and watching a music video instead of reading literature and this has lowered the level of culture in general. On the other hand, the professor counters this point by stating that let say that people spend time to read self books and to watch video; does culture decline? are people wasting their time by watching to music video and movies? she states that the culture has changed and people need some creative things. This appears a contradiction to the information made in the passage.

Third, the article asserts that the trend is taking place during a period when good literature is being written and there are many talented writers today, but they lack an audience. Conversely, the lecturer casts doubt on this point by explaining that it is true that there is less support for writers but this is the auther fault. Actually, she mentions that there are a lot of modren books that are difficult to understand so publisher don't support them. This disputes the third point in the passage.

let say that
let's say that

but this is the auther fault.
but this is the anther's fault.

so publisher don't support them.
so publishers don't support them.

Sentence: Conversely, the lecturer casts doubt on this point by explaining that it is true that there is less support for writers but this is the auther fault.
Error: auther Suggestion: author

Sentence: Actually, she mentions that there are a lot of modren books that are difficult to understand so publisher don't support them.
Error: modren Suggestion: modern