Essay topics: tpo12
In the reading passage, it indicates that there exists a new portrait of the famous English novelist Jane Austen which is owned by one of the Austens. However, the professor talks about the same subject and holds an opposite opinion, and he stated his evidence of the disagreement specifically.
Firstly, the reading mentions that the portrait was used as an illustration of Austen's letter, so that the portrait could be easily recognized by her family since they are so familiar to it. In fact, the portrait was first been used as the illustration in the time that 70 years after Jane Austen's death, so it is implausible her existing families in 1882 could have any idea what did her look like.
Moreover, the reading article suggests that the face in that portrait resembles Jane Austen's face in the sketch by Cassandra. But some further evidence shows that Jane's cousin and even her own children looks after her so much, so it might be a portrait of Jane's relatives. And the professor has said that the young lady model could be her niece. Hence, the true character on the portrait could not be sure by just resemblances.
Finally, the reading part asserts that the painting style is similar to Ozias Humphrey, who charged plenty of money and usually paint for wealthy people. Whereas the presenter argues that there is an evidence that could tell the probable date of the portrait, which is a little board with the dealer's name -William Lag- on it. He was a dealer that could not sell the outcomes from Humphrey when Austen was a teenager.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 4 days ago||hosna69||76||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 days ago||hosna69||73||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 day ago||Fatemehhh||73||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 days ago||Angelina2016||85||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||Angelina2016||78||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 days ago||mehrdad94||3||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||nana-pa.par70||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||peerless alex||76||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 week ago||peerless alex||83||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||apply2017||80||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)