Essay topics: tpo11
In the reading passage, it indicates that the trend of the decreasing amount of people who read literature is an unfortunate loss for the society. However, the professor holds different opinion about this changing, and she gives specific explanations about it.
Firstly, it is expressed in the reading part that novels, plays and poems are best tools to stimulate readers intellectually, which the presenter argues that some other books which are scientific or historical would also be high qualified in intellectual stimulations. Indeed, people could always have other choices to use imaginations and learn knowledge other than reading literature.
Moreover, the reading passage suggests that plenty of best sellers are superficial and poorly in using language, and watching television, watching videos, as well as surfing the internet will eventually lower the cultural level the of whole public. Whereas, in the lecturer's idea, listening to some well-played music and watching a decent movie in the cinema are anything but wasting time. The ways people enjoy lives and appreciate culture have been changed by the rapidly developed technology and society, which does not mean people have lost the ability of tasting masterpieces.
Finally, there are lots of brilliant writers with few audience, which could be the reason of literature depreciation, as stated in the reading article. In fact, the professor said that it is not the readers' fault, which means authors have made their books too hard to be understood. Even though the people lived in the past who have claimed their love for literature would be confused by today's work.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||aldovega0516||80||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 2 hours ago||hosna69||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||alta||76||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||MJ20019||70||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||Saharmgh||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||pooria||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||pooria||76||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||bah||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||nana-pa.par70||81||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||KanDice96||80||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)