TPO11

TPO11

The reading and the lecture are both about reading habits in the young generation. The author of the reading believes that in today's modern world, people tend to read less literature which has a diverse effect on society. The lecturer casts doubt on the points made in the lecture by mentioning that reading less literature does not necessarily have a negative impact on people.
First of all, the author claims that reading literature will promote intellectual ability and being empathetic toward others. The author believes that nothing can be a good substitute for reading literature. The lecturer challenged this point by mentioning that there are many high-quality contents in different areas like science, history, and politics. These subjects can be as creative as novels, and people who read them will benefit greatly.
Secondly, the author mentions that today's people waste their time on poor content like watching TV. On the other hand, the lecturer states that the culture is changed, and there are many forms of content available like music and movies. Not only do these new forms of content worth to use but also they contain more contemporary issues than literature.
Finally, the author claims that reading less literature results in less publication of good works even there are many talented writers living today. The lecture put forth the idea that this is the fault of writers, not the reader's because writers tend to write materials that are hard to grasp.