tpo21

tpo21

Essay topics in audio

This set of the material in both reading and lecture is about applying genetically modified trees. According to the reading, characteristics of trees will improve if we make some changes in an organism's genes, and authirs describes three reasons why this approach would be beneficial On the other hand, the lecturer explains that not only do not GMtrees benefit people and farmers financially, but these trees also create some serious problems for the environment, so he refutes the author's claim.

First, the passage posits that since these trees are modified to be more strong and harder, they are able to survive against the environmental challanges such as infectious virus. The speakers opposes this claim by emphasizing that the chance of survival of genetically diverse trees will be more than those GMtrees. In fact, GMtrees have become resistent to specific drastic environmental condition such as specific kind of virus, what if the environment suddenly experienece other kinds of infection. As you can see, if they become diverse, they will not be in danger of extinction.

Second, the reading states that GMtrees could offer huge amounts of financial assistance for farmers because of rapid growth, and consequently more crop production. In contrast, the professor says that GMseeds would be more costly for farmers because they are required to pay companies for GMseed according to the approved law.

Finally, the reading claims that growing GMtrees means protecting wildlife due to producing many wood for people, which will hamper cutting down trees. However, the speaker mentions that rapidly growing means needing more space, more sun light, and depleting natural resources such as water and nutritious soil which contribute to putting native species in danger of extinction.

not only do not GMtrees benefit people and farmers financially, but these trees also create
Description: don't use 'not only..not...'. You can use 'neither...nor' or 'either...or'

Sentence: According to the reading, characteristics of trees will improve if we make some changes in an organism's genes, and authirs describes three reasons why this approach would be beneficial On the other hand, the lecturer explains that not only do not GMtrees benefit people and farmers financially, but these trees also create some serious problems for the environment, so he refutes the author's claim.
Error: authirs Suggestion: authors

Sentence: First, the passage posits that since these trees are modified to be more strong and harder, they are able to survive against the environmental challanges such as infectious virus.
Error: challanges Suggestion: challenges

Sentence: In fact, GMtrees have become resistent to specific drastic environmental condition such as specific kind of virus, what if the environment suddenly experienece other kinds of infection.
Error: experienece Suggestion: experience
Error: resistent Suggestion: No alternate word