TPO37 integrated writing Question Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they respond to the specific points made in the reading passage

Both the listening and the reading discuss the practicality of using TEDs to protect endangered sea turtles. They contradict each other from the following three perspectives.

Firstly, the lecturer challenges the idea purposed by the writer that turtles are rarely caught by the shrimpers and the costs of TEDs are too high to compensate for the results of saving. Instead, she contends that the it may be true that catching a turtle is a rare thing for shrimpers, but there are still thousands of turtles get trapped every year. Even though the effect is small, we cannot ignore the impact of TEDs.

Secondly, the professor refutes the idea advocated by the author that shortening the time limit can be more effective in protecting sea turtles. Nevertheless, she posits that the use of time limited is only in theory. In fact, with thousands of boats on the sea at the same time, it is impossible for the government to monitor all boats ensuring they are within the time limit. To ensure all ships have TED, however, would be more effective.

Third, the lecture casts doubt on the thought illustrated by the passage that larger species of turtles are not able to escape from TEDs. Instead, it indicates that the size of TED can be modified due to the situation in the local. They can produce larger TEDs if needed. Therefore, TEDs can be used effectively.

In conclusion, the talk rebuts the passage from three distinct aspects concerning the effectiveness of TED in protecting sea turtles.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3