tpo6 task1Question: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose the specific points made in the reading passage.

The reading claims that the traditional printed encyclopedia is better and more trust worthy than the online encyclopedias because the communal online encyclopedias are authorized by the whole users. And it provides three reasons of support. However the professor states that the argument in the passage is not convincing. And the argument is wrong because is just a kind of prejudice against the online encyclopedia and the ignorance about how far online encyclopedia have come. She refutes each of the authors reasons.

First, the articles avers that contributors to the online encyclopedia often lack academic credentials and there information are mostly inaccurate. However the professor opposes this point by stating that it is hardly fair criticism to say that online encyclopedia is full of errors. Because online encyclopedia’s errors can be corrected easily but errors in traditional printed encyclopedia can stay for decades.

Second, the passage asserts that in the online articles even if the entry is correct. Unscrupulous users can delete, fabricate, or modify any information and readers cannot tell the difference between the original and the modified copy. On the other hand, the speaker opposes this point. She said that online encyclopedias supporters had recognized the importance of protesting their articles from malicious hackers so they followed two strategies; the first one is to put the crucial information in a read – only format. So nobody can change it . and the another strategy is to hire special editors to monitor any change being made by malicious hacker.

Third, the article posits that online encyclopedia focus on the trivial popular topics which create a false impression about what is truly correct and what is not. Conversely, the lecturer casts doubt on this point. She refutes it by stating that traditional printed encyclopedia has limited space compared to the online encyclopedia which has great verity to reflect the diversity of user’s interests and that in one of its great advantages.

traditional printed encyclopedia is better and more trust worthy than the online encyclopedias
traditional printed encyclopedia is better and more worthy than the online encyclopedias

it is hardly fair criticism to say that
it is hardly fair to say that

Sentence: She refutes each of the authors reasons.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to authors and reasons

Sentence: First, the articles avers that contributors to the online encyclopedia often lack academic credentials and there information are mostly inaccurate.
Description: An existential there is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to there and information

Sentence: So nobody can change it . and the another strategy is to hire special editors to monitor any change being made by malicious hacker.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to the and another