Understanding online consumer behavior

Understanding online consumer behavior

However by identifying the clients’ criteria, these satisfied customers are able to act as agents of viral marketing and we can decrease customers’ sensitivity to the price and make them loyal by gaining their trust and knowing their behavior. (Cyr, 2007) defined e-Loyalty as intention to revisit a website or to purchase from it, in the future. Also, in other field like CRM it’s approved that keep current costumers are more beneficial than absorbing new ones by advertising or other strategies. A 5% increase in customer retention generated an increase in customer net present value of between 25% and 95% in a wide range of business sectors (Dawkins and Reichheld, 1990).
While accessing to the internet at any mobile and everywhere is possible it seems that the customers can do online shopping at any point and any moments, we can assume that each person is in an online store and ready to purchase. This report addresses the customers’ behavior model which is effective on the customer’s repurchasing.

2. Hypotheses of Hypothesis
Understanding online consumer behavior is important in today’s digital economy (Korzaan, 2003).
Consumers have two motivations driving them to shop online: intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
Extrinsic motivation is a reaction to things independent from situation. (Aren et al., 2013).
Internal factors are divided into more varied subcategories. From the other’s perception of our online shopping, that in this article we call it as social prestige, we can mention psychological factors, and the issue of shopping enjoyment, loyalty and trust factors with the least expense and risk are among the internal factors influencing the purchase. External factors include things like the quality, attractiveness and diversity of the website and how the user friendly is the website. Online catalogs, possibility of comparing products, on-line support, quick and instant messengers, high-speed and full loading of the images and content previous customer experiences - such as how the final delivery and after sales services are. For instance, reactions to people’s demands are extrinsically motivated. On the other hand, intrinsic motivations drive actions demonstrated for the action itself. For example, an interesting and satisfying act refers to intrinsic motivation (Kim et al., 2011). And reactions to people's demands are extrinsically motivated (Aren et al., 2013).

2.1 Antecedents of Enjoyment

As ease of an online shop protects consumers from psychological tension, consumers will enjoy shopping experience (Jayawardhena and Wright, 2009). (Venkatesh and Davis, 2000), and (Hsu and Lu, 2004) concluded positive effect of perceived ease-of-use on enjoyment. When the website prepares needed enjoyment to the costumer he would be eager on repurchasing the same web site however he did not need this purchase, because he is only shopping for its enjoyment.
Joy of shopping is considered by today’s psychology science even for treating depression patients.