communal online encyclopedias integrated essay

communal online encyclopedias-integrated essay.

The professor in the lecture compares and contrasts the advantages of the online communal encyclopedia with the disadvantages mentioned in the reading passage stating mainly the strategies and protections those are provided to make the online communal encyclopedia more reliable.

First of all the lecturer points out a fact that whether it is on or offline the information of any communal encyclopedia is never perfect. So according to her it would be a prejudice to say that the communal online encyclopedias are inaccurate, rather it is easier to rectify the inaccuracy online than the traditional encyclopedias.

Secondly, she completely disagrees with the passage that mentions about communal online encyclopedias can be changed by the hackers and vandals because many useful strategies are being taken to protect the originality of the encyclopedias by creating read-only formats and assigning single editors for the articles so that it can not be altered by the invaders.

Finally, the professor claims that the online communal encyclopedias have greater advantages than the traditional ones because the larger diversities of interst in academic use are not reflected on, in the case of the traditional encyclopedias, as it has limited space than the online encyclopedias. Hence, it represents the greater interest due to the unlimited space available online.