communal online encyclopedias-integrated essay.

Communal online encyclopedias propose one of the latest resources on the Internet. Any Internet user can contribute a new article or make an editorial change in online encyclopedias. The passage states that there are some problems that make online encyclopedias much less valuable than traditional, printed encyclopedias. However, the professor refutes all of them.

First, the passage says that traditional encyclopedias are written by trained experts who adhere to standards of academic rigor. On the other hand, users to a communal online encyclopedia often make errors because of lack of academic credentials. The professor states that it is easy to erase the wrong materials from the online encyclopedia, but errors in traditional encyclopedias remain for decades.

Second, the passage claims that hackers have an opportunity to delete or corrupt information in the online encyclopedia. The professor says that there are 2 strategies that prevent hackers to make any changes. First of all, some employees eliminate changes which are done by users. They will aware when the amount of information becomes delete. The second strategy makes others unable to format the crucial facts. Therefore, the crucial facts are reliable.

Third, the passage argues that the online encyclopedias present a lot of information which create a false impression of what is important and what is not. Professor clarifies that in traditional encyclopedias, they have limited space so a group of academic experts have to decide which part is important and which is not. In contrast, the space in the online encyclopedias doesn't issue and judgment about the importance of information is by users. The great diversity of users interested is one of the strongest advantages.

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.