Describe jet streams by using the information in the reading, and provide examples of the way that they affect air travel by drawing on the material that you heard in the lecture.

The reading passage provides an idea about the jet stream that mostly, occurs near the top of the earth's troposphere. For better understanding the passage describes it as a river of air that generally flows west to east over the middle latitudes, which can be faster than 57 mile an hour , sometimes 190 miles an hour and the strongest jet sream can be 300 miles an hour. There are two types of jet streams, one is subtropical and another one is polar. They are resulted from the difference in the temperature between the tropic and arctic regions of the earth. Usually, it blows the storm in it's way and calm and dry weather occurs when the jet stream leaves an area.

First of all, the lecturer says about the jet stream that is found in North America. According to him the jet stream is a cold air that blows from north to south and it is called the polar jet sream. He emphasizes the affects of jet stream on the air lines from north to south regions.

Secondly, the lecturee states an example of the airplanes that explains how strong the affect can a jet stream have on the air travel. According to the professor, the airplanes from New york to Los Angeles takes 1 hour lesser due to the storng wind of the jet stream that push the airplanes forward, as it blows from north to south. Hence, it works as a tail wind of the airplane.

Finally, according to the professor, the effects of the jet stream is so strong that while travelling from south to north it takes more time to arrive in the destination. The lecture further mentions about the extra fuel needed for the air travel because of the jet stream and it creates more turbulence. Therefore, the jet stream has an both good and bad affects upon the air travel.

Sentence: Secondly, the lecturee states an example of the airplanes that explains how strong the affect can a jet stream have on the air travel.
Description: The word affect is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to affect , did you mean effect

Sentence: According to the professor, the airplanes from New york to Los Angeles takes 1 hour lesser due to the storng wind of the jet stream that push the airplanes forward, as it blows from north to south.
Description: The fragment that push the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace push with verb, past tense

Sentence: Therefore, the jet stream has an both good and bad affects upon the air travel.
Description: An article is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, double conjunction or pre-quantifier
Suggestion: Refer to an and both

Sentence: For better understanding the passage describes it as a river of air that generally flows west to east over the middle latitudes, which can be faster than 57 mile an hour , sometimes 190 miles an hour and the strongest jet sream can be 300 miles an hour.
Error: sream Suggestion: stream

Sentence: According to him the jet stream is a cold air that blows from north to south and it is called the polar jet sream.
Error: sream Suggestion: stream

Error: lecturee Suggestion: lecture

The correct pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages in the introduction paragraph.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster