Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
In my opinion, it is better for students to understand what they are doing than simply reproducing what has been given to them. Facts can always be looked up, while reasoning is something you need to master yourself. Decent research is also done on the basis of reasoning and not on mere reciting of things you know.
Firstly, concepts & ideas are what brings about the difference between a good student and a great student. Let us for example look at an engineering student. A student who knows all the facts will be able to build a bridge, but will only be capable of making bridges that already ...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people s efficiency so that they have more leisure time Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t82
- "Some people claim that a nation's government should preserve its wilderness areas in their natural state. Others argue that these areas should be developed for potential economic gain." - Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely alig60
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Television advertising directed toward young children aged two to five should not be allowed Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer66
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? - A university education should be provided free of charge to all interested scholars. - Use examples and reasons to support your position.80
- "In order for any work of art—for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song—to have merit, it must be understandable to most people." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your r67
Sentence: As a last point, it should be mentioned that in our current time and age, all information is accesible to us within a click.
Error: accesible Suggestion: accessible
Sentence: Therefore it is important that students learn to use these search resources and put their energy into uderstanding the concepts and ideas they are able to look up so easily.
Error: uderstanding Suggestion: understanding
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 26 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 23 15
No. of Words: 411 350
No. of Characters: 1901 1500
No. of Different Words: 196 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.503 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.625 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.608 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 127 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 91 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 63 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 43 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.87 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.937 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.739 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.28 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.486 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.099 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5