Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Money is better spent on eliminating poverty than on developing new technologies.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Poverty always been a problem in society today and even in the past. Many of the countries are still fighting against poverty and trying to overcome it. I believe money is better spent on eliminating poverty than on developing new technologies. This will help to develop country from all the aspects and when there is no poverty we can improve our technologies afterwards.

My first reason to spend money on poverty is that there are countries in which people are lacking essential things needed to live a normal life like food and cloths. This countries are very poor that they are not able to manage food for poor twice a day or a job so that they can earn money and buy something to eat and wear and get a proper shelter or home to live. For example, Liberia is a country which is second poorest country in world (2010) where people don't have proper job and places to live and eat proper food. They live in very disastrous conditions without proper food, water cloths and shelter and each year people die because of hunger and malnutrition.

Another reason to spend money on poverty is that poverty also affects the educational level of that country. If people don't have money they can't send their kids to school for education which will affect the countries progress. Like in case of India, its a developing country, but in past people were illiterate and work as farmers. They don't have enough money to send their kids to school and because of lake of knowledge they have raised so many kids with the thought of more person more income. Which pushes them to more poor conditions.

Other than the essential things and education poverty affects the overall economy of the country, if there are more poor people so the amount of tax money will be less for country's development. For Instance, if there are less person to earn and pay tax then government don't have enough money to provide maintenance and other facility or services which are mostly free for everyone and therefor there is no money in inventory for new inventions or technologies.

In a nutshell, country will develop more if they spend money firstly on eliminating poverty than on new technologies. So it will solve the problem of lack of daily needs, education and overall country's progress and economy. So that they will have more money, more educated people, more jobs and better economy for new technologies.

Sentence: Poverty always been a problem in society today and even in the past.
Suggestion: Poverty has always been a problem in society today and even in the past.

Sentence: This countries are very poor that they are not able to manage food for poor twice a day or a job so that they can earn money and buy something to eat and wear and get a proper shelter or home to live.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to This and countries

Sentence: Like in case of India, its a developing country, but in past people were illiterate and work as farmers.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a
Suggestion: Refer to its and a

Sentence: For Instance, if there are less person to earn and pay tax then government don't have enough money to provide maintenance and other facility or services which are mostly free for everyone and therefor there is no money in inventory for new inventions or technologies.
Suggestion: ...and pay tax then governments don't have...

Error: therefor Suggestion: therefore

Don't repeat grammar errors.