Do you agree or disagree with the following statement People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

We live in a world in which every one wants to be successful. Nothing is wrong about the desire to be No. 1, and there is no doubt that being successful is enjoyable. There really is something wrong, nevertheless, to think we could be finally successful by only doing things that we do enjoy doing. People often are amazed by the glorious appearance of a skyscraper, at the same time, they should be conscious of the fact that the skyscraper had taken a long time to construct, maybe much longer time to design, and possibly even several workers' lives during the constructing process!

We may categorize things into two groups, the enjoyable and the unenjoyable; at the same time, another category can be made: the necessary and the unnecessary. The point is, things that are necessary are not always enjoyable and things that are enjoyable sometimes may be unnecessary. Doing things that are necessary rather than those that are merely enjoyable is not only helpful but it might also be indispensable for individual success. We all admire even envy those who now have attained great achievements, such those famous stars as, Jacky Chen, Jet Li, for example. We should, however, be aware of the exorbitant prices they have paid for their present glories. Jacky Chen once told that when he was still a teenager, he and his partners were required to practice more than 12 hours a day; and it was said that Jet Li was sent to be an apprentice when he was hardly four years old! Apparently, those seemingly cruel hardships had turned out to be the best gifts years later. But for yesterday's struggle, today's glories could not exist.

Things that are both enjoyable and necessary or both unenjoyable and unnecessary seldom exist. We may dislike some curriculums in university, such as mathematics or history, but they are necessary; we may prefer leisure times to work days, but the latter are necessary. The list will go on and may be an endless one. Pursuing a successful life is nothing more than making wise decisions, by “wise” we mean the choice of doing the necessary first.