Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different fromt their parents’ jobs.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different fromt their parents’ jobs.

In today's families many children choose a different job, other than their parents. However, in past there was no other choice for youngsters and they should follow their father's occupation. In my point of view, it has many advantages to continue your parent's job because you can learn from their experiences, you can, earn the necessary skills from childhood and also, take advantage of their popularity.

The first aspect to point out is that anything that has been tried later would have greater pros than the first endeavor. The parents can provide their children with great experiences and help them to be successful in their job. There are many factors that should be thought while doing a process and it is not enough to just hear them before. For instance, when you choose to be a teacher, you should spend so many classes at university, but when you go to a school to become a real teacher, you find out that there are many methods should be used that are not thought in university. However, if your parents were teachers, you can get help from them.

Apart from the point I made above, one cannot overlook the fact that learning is a process that takes a lot of time. If you want to be an expert in your profession, it is more effective to learn the necessary skills from childhood and only then can you do the best.

Another point deserving some word here is that some parents are professionals at their job and they are well-known among people. A confectionary store that is popular among people for its delicious cakes, can exemplify such professions. If the owner's child tries to continue his father's work, he will be more successful rather than starting his own job.

To put in a nutshell, based on the mentioned reasons, one would surmise that following parents' jobs is better choice than starting a new one yourself because you can gain more experience from your parents and learn the job from early ages and also take advantage of their popularity.