Essay topics: Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parents’ generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
Every generation is different from its previous one and hence there are a lot of differences, and some of them very important, between my parents and my generation. The development of modern technology, widespread of the internet, easy communication and access are few of the major factors that have cause a great difference between my and my parents’ generation.
A major difference is the mode of communication. If we wish to talk to a friend, we would just text him or call him up from our cell phones. It is very simple for us. But in my parents’ generation, communication was difficult and expensive. Nobody owned a cell phone and the public phones were used to deliver only urgent messages. Unlike us, they had very limited modes of communication. If our friend has moved to some other city, then we may contact him instantly through social networking sites or through phone numbers. But our parents’ generation wrote letter, which took days to get delivered.
Another important difference is the lifestyle and cultural background. Our parents’ generation was never given as much freedom as it is given to our generation. The parents took major decisions of life like career or marriage and the children did not dare to go against them. But our generation takes own decisions of life. Our parents are kind enough to grant us these liberties.
Financial status is also an important difference. Our parents grew up in the immediate post independence era and most of the families were very poor. My parents had to work part time while managing their studies to support their family Where as, I don’t even have to worry about my fees. Our generation is not subjected to the hardships they went through and we are living a much comfortable life.
There are many other differences, but in my view the above mentioned are the most important difference in my and my parents’ generation.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|7 months 5 days ago||wwwjn||40||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||alylmaz||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||Elena Cristina||76||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||rasnajames||76||Read full essay|
|2 years 12 months ago||sarah1991||76||Read full essay|
|3 years 4 months ago||Thien Nhan||81||Read full essay|
|5 years 1 month ago||saray||70||Read full essay|
|5 years 2 months ago||saharpouya||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 3 months ago||apurva||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 7 months ago||nooraleslam2011||86.6667||Read full essay|
- The following is a letter from the parent of a private school student to the principal of that school:Last year, Kensington Academy turned over management of its cafeteria to a private vendor, Swift Nutrition. This company serves low-fat, low-calorie meal (50)
- Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.Write a response in which you di (82.5)
- The following argument was made in a newspaper editorial:“The autonomy of any country is based on the strength of its borders; if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangere (83)
- The first step to self-knowledge is rejection of the familiar.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your p (50)
- An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p (50)
- People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos (58)
- The following opinion was provided in a letter to the editor of a national aeronautics magazine:“Manned space flight is costly and dangerous. Moreover, the recent success of a series of unmanned space probes and satellites has demonstrated that a great (50)
- Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for manyWrite a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address th (50)
- The following appears in a letter to the editor for the West Lansburg News:"The tufted groundhog lives in the coastal wetlands of West Lansburg. Ancient records suggest that the tufted groundhog once numbered in the millions. Since they were declared a wi (50)
- The real talent of a popular musician cannot accurately be assessed until the musician has been dead for several generations, so that his or her fame does not interfere with honest assessment. (50)