Every generation of people is different in important ways How is your generation different from your parents generation Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer

People are all living in different generations. Each generation is slightly different, so people sometimes feel the generation gap. Especially these days, social media has developed and the difference is widening. Therefore, I am going to tell you three different things today.

To begin with, the language is very different. Young people use abbreviations a lot these days. The media is heavily influenced by the prevalence of this. Therefore, some adults can not adapt to this and criticize it, and some adults have a hard time with the new language. On the other hand, the younger generation wants to use a new language because they want to create a new culture and feel a sense of belonging. There is a generation gap here. For example, if my sister uses a language these days, my parents do not understand, so sometimes they get angry.

Next, the type of songs is one of the things that makes us feel the generation gap. My parents' generation was mainly famous for singers, so the lyrics and songs with good notes were loved. On the other hand, these days, as idols become famous, people fall in love with addictive songs because they are exciting, energetic and have unique sounds. Dancing is very important too. So, for instance when we travel, in the car we have to play rock paper scissors because our family’s playlists are all different.

Last, you can see the generation gap in values. Parents and we grew up in different environments, so values are bound to be different. For example, these days, students wear a lot of makeup, dye their hair and date often. On the contrary, parents are raised in a relatively stricter generation than us, so they do not like it. There is a difference in values in these various aspects.

These three parts have the biggest generation gap: language, songs and values. It is inevitable that there is a generation gap. So, I think we can narrow the gap if we understand and respect each other.