The extended family (such as grandparents, cousins, aunt, and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

Nowadays, dependence on family members is less than the past. Eventually, people have learnt to live on their own and development of the technology has had effective influence in this way. I agree with this idea that the extended family is less important now than it was in the past. I will render my reasons as follows.

In the past, people required to live with each other to be survived by collective wisdom. For example, the father of a family had used his father experiences to eradicate obstacles, and in front of the new form of restrictions, had consulted with his family. There was no powerful instrument to be used to being aware of what happened around the world and getting lessons from them. Now, however, we live in the global village and acquire the knowledge of solutions to solve even complicated problems via Internet, newspapers, and news TV such as CNN and BBC. For instance, I have not learned cooking from my mother but she had learned it from my grandmother. I have learned to cook from ebooks and various websites.

In the second place, I believe that one reason for existing the extended family in our culture was the respectful attitude among family members. I remember that my grandmother said to me that grandparents are gifts from god. God bless your income and food because of them. Unfortunately, most of us forget our beliefs and religions and are affected by the modern style of life and machinery world.

All in all, by considering the mentioned reasons above, I think that the extended family is less important now than it was in the past. The world is full of excitement and people do not have much time to spend for their extended family. Also, parents can cope with this matter.