Should universities spend money to support social activities or to improve the canteens?

There is no argument that university is a second house of students due to in fact that it is a source of education, society, and food. Therefore, it might be hard to make decision of which area that the university should spend money on. In my view, I would encourage the universities support canteens since the canteens are able to raise the ability of learning of the students indirectly and represent an image of the universities.

To begin with, the students require good food in order to increase ability of learning. There is no doubt that the students spend a lot of energy to study and do other energetic activities, thus they need good food which has high nutrition and has a good taste. Putting an effort or money on improving the canteens will increase a learning performance of the students indirectly. For example, my high school in Thailand is a school of science. All students studied hard because they wanted to get high scores in class and expected to get into the high rank universities. Fortunately, the high school spend money on the canteen and hired many chiefs to cook high quality of food for the students. Even though they felt so exhausted after finished the class, they were retrieved after had food from the canteen and ready for the next class.

In addition, the canteen can represent the image of universities. Many universities try to build up their image by developing the canteen more attractive to the visitors because they believe that people would imply the over all situation of the university from extra expenses such as canteen. For example, when I was in the first year in San Francisco, I heard about how rich of Stanford University were. Later on, I had a chance to visit Stanford, I was so impressed because of the luxury canteen and variety of food. The picture of Stanford’s canteen represented a great impression of the school.

To sum up, the universities should support the canteens because they plays important rules in improve the performance of the students and represent the overall image of the universities.

Sentence: Many universities try to build up their image by developing the canteen more attractive to the visitors because they believe that people would imply the over all situation of the university from extra expenses such as canteen.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a preposition
Suggestion: Refer to the and over

Sentence: To sum up, the universities should support the canteens because they plays important rules in improve the performance of the students and represent the overall image of the universities.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to they and plays
Description: The token in is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to in and improve