TOEFL essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many years ago, when our parents were kids and our grandmother used to cook food at home which took about two to three hours a days. Those were really tasty, very well seasoned food recipes of them. But as we started getting more busy in our work and studies, home cooking reduced with time. Now our food is more towards instant cooking, with less oil and other seasonings and it has more green raw vegetables. I believe that changes in the food preparation improved the way the people live.

Firstly, now people eat more greens and raw fruits and vegetables which are good for health, easy and also quick to prepare. This saves time of working class people and cost effective. All the fresh vegetables contains some nutrients which gets destroyed by cooking. So, less cooking gives more nutrients and improves people's health and maintain their weight and calorie intake.

Secondly, nowadays people are getting more health conscious and aware of health hazards of eating greasy, oily or spicy dishes with lots of fat and calories in it. They want to look slim, fit and active. To improve their health they are avoiding fatty things and maintains their body weight. For example, people buy low fat or fat free food, avoid traditional greasy food and modify them to consume less calories.

On the other hand, as we are eating less seasoned food than before. According to some studies some seasonings like Turmeric, are good for health and also helps to prevent Cancer. In today's food we are missing this type of beneficiary spices which are good for health.

In conclusion, people improved their life style by switching to more green and less fatty options. But also missing some health beneficiary recipes of old times, which was helping us to prevent from some horrible uncommon diseases.

Sentence: All the fresh vegetables contains some nutrients which gets destroyed by cooking.
Description: The fragment vegetables contains some is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace contains with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive