TOPIC # 36 Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people’s lives. (Automobiles, bicycles, airplanes)
Automobiles, bicycles, or airplanes all once were considered a great breakthrough effecting largely man’s life. However, I think the airplane has had the biggest impact on our lives. I feel this way because it has realized the dream of flying, it is the fastest transportation vehicle, and it can reach inaccessible places. For these reasons, airplane has excelled the other two vehicles in changing our lives.
First, airplanes helped the human’s old dream come true. Human had always been dreaming of flying. There are many records showing people’s frequent and continuous attempts to fly by all means available to them. For example, some had attached two wings made of wood and poultry’s feathers to themselves and had jumped from a summit while jeopardizing their lives. And many had died during these primary experiments by the time Wrights brothers succeeded.
Second, flying is the fastest and the most convenient way to transport passengers to their destination. Nowadays, people can in just a few hours and without any hardships land in a different country on the other side of the earth. For instance, a few years ago, I had to communicate regularly between two cities. I had to sit twelve hours in the car to reach the destination city while I was completely worn out and frustrated. In contrast, by airplane it was only half-an-hour journey from my hometown, and I was fresh and energetic enough to attend my university classes.
Third, by airplane we can reach remote places. Some areas lack sound routes and roads making road transportation hard. However, by airplanes we can overcome this problem. For instance, when an earthquake has stricken a city, and everything is wrecked, aid agencies use airplanes to explore the area, to detect and transfer the survivors, or to deliver aids and foods.
Overall, I believe that airplane is the most influential transport vehicle. This is because flying had always been a wish for human beings, airplane is faster than other vehicles, and it provides access to unreachable places.
- Collectors prize the ancient life-size clay statues of human figures made on Kali Island but have long wondered how Kalinese artists were able to depict bodies with such realistic precision. Since archaeologists have recently discovered molds of human hea 50
- TOPIC # 46 What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? 80
- TOPIC # 41 Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? 93
- TOPIC # 34 business should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? 78
- TOPIC 24 a person you know is planning to move to your town or city What do you think that person would like and dislike about living in your town or city 87
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 25 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 335 350
No. of Characters: 1654 1500
No. of Different Words: 196 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.278 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.937 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.726 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 122 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 95 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 67 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 38 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.75 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.077 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.55 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.29 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.517 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.082 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5