Why did you choose your proposed course and institution

Nothing so weakens a government as inflation. Without diversification of the economy and mismanagement, Mongolia has faced a series of recessions. I experienced this firsthand as an 11-year-old, within months the cost of basic necessities to my allergy medicine skyrocketed while my family’s savings became worthless. However, the worst was yet to come, over the next 6 years our countries currency lost over half of its value affecting everyone’s life as we import everything. Later on, I understood the importance of the study of economics during my social studies class. Economists investigate reasons for poverty, government policy, the economic effect of immigration and the trend of recession. After this experience. I have continually pushed myself closer to this goal by taking everything I do seriously and putting in all of my effort on improving myself; I attended a “Young Leadership'' program organized by the Zorig Foundation and got a full scholarship to study at a private high -school, between 2017-2019. Last summer, I had the opportunity to teach English at a middle school in my hometown Kharkhorium, Uvurkhangai province. During these two months as a teacher’s assistant, I worked with children who were struggling with learning the English language. After graduation, I worked as a real estate agent, which reinforced my passion and daily experienced the price fluctuation of the market price. With a degree in economics, I will gain a strong understanding of recession and inflation, as well as public policy and economic forecasts. I hope to work for government agencies and organizations such as the monetary policy department at the central bank that will help policymakers make better decisions. Those better decisions will make our country a more stable place for all of us.