Some people like to always have people around them. Others would rather spend time alone. Which way would you like to spend your free time? Give details and examples to support your answer.
- Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher while others think that is is always better to learn from a teacher. Which do you think is better for you and why? 66
- Some teachers let students choose topics that interest them on research papers. Others assign topics on research papers. Which one do you prefer? 70
- Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 70
- Some people believe that it is better for small children to grow up in a small town Others however believe that it s better for them to grow up in a big city Which do you think is better
- When looking for information for a research project, some students prefer to get their information mainly from the Internet. Others prefer to mainly use printed materials such as books and academic journals. Which do you prefer, and why? 70
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 370.0 444.711560045 83% => Need more words or more difficult words.
No of words: 98.0 116.580246914 84% => More words wanted. You may: choose simpler words or speak faster or remove hesitations or remove long pauses, and fully use the time, do NOT save one or two seconds.
Chars per words: 3.77551020408 3.81502700369 99% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.14634628365 3.28032121604 96% => OK
Word Length SD: 1.91412905673 1.8723322822 102% => OK
Unique words: 79.0 76.076318743 104% => OK
Unique words percentage: 0.80612244898 0.655143326166 123% => OK
Syllable count: 117.0 141.574747475 83% => OK
Avg_syllables_per_word: 1.2 1.21358024691 99% => OK
Performance on coherence:
Topic speech coherence ratio: 0.0942429636088 0.0738818816272 128% => OK
Acoustic performance on paragraphs:
How many acoustic paragraphs: 4.0 3.20202020202 125% => OK
Average paragraph length: 25.0 60.3232687746 41% => The average paragraph length is low.
STD paragraph length: 41.5692193817 17.3634065801 239% => Paragraph length changes often.
Average paragraph duration: 11.6325 22.9064221017 51% => OK
STD paragraph duration: 19.1781599417 6.49597621602 295% => The duration of acoustic paragraphs changes often.
Acoustic performance on sentences:
How many acoustic sentences: 31.0 31.1548821549 100% => OK
Average acoustic sentence length: 3.16129032258 4.0588447711 78% => OK
STD acoustic sentence length: 2.39753602272 3.18357895611 75% => OK
Average acoustic sentences duration: 1.40709677419 1.46810986539 96% => OK
STD acoustic sentences duration: 0.772186646117 1.01537252472 76% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic silence:(An acoustic silence means a little pause between two or more words)
How many acoustic silence: 36.0 28.6644219978 126% => It means the content is not pronounced smoothly or it is pronounced slowly. It is word by word.
Total acoustic silence duration: 9.08 5.28593714927 172% => It may have a lot of silences or every silence is too long.
Average acoustic silence duration: 0.252222222222 0.187982170178 134% => Maybe the pauses are too long.
STD acoustic silence duration: 0.177499782646 0.154715141812 115% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic words:
Total word duration: 33.75 35.408047138 95% => OK
Average word duration: 0.344387755102 0.306236595465 112% => OK
STD word duration: 0.190750752675 0.198589292138 96% => OK
Disfluencies: like hesitations, or 'ehn' or taking a long time to pronounce a word:
How many disfluencies: 8.0 6.3164983165 127% => It may have 'ehn' in the speaking, or it has hesitations or overlapping speeches.
Total_disfluencies_duration: 6.14 5.14435465769 119% => OK
Total acoustic noise duration: 2.31 2.80480359147 82% => OK
Total speech duration: 46.53 45.0716498316 103% => Need to finish the speech on time.
Compare to expected duration: 1.034 1.00159221848 103% => OK
Rate of silence: 0.773694390716 0.637764685501 121% => Less acoustic silences wanted.
Rate of speech: 2.10616806361 2.58495923209 81% => Need to bring more content.
Rate of speech by unique words: 1.6978293574 1.68816559523 101% => OK
Rate of word duration by unique words: 2.34074074074 2.15290372801 109% => OK
Average articulation rates: 0.369929387755 0.343871460585 108% => OK
Maybe the speech is too long. It should be in 45 seconds.
Rates: 66.6666666667 out of 100
Scores by speech e-grader: 20.0 Out of 30
Note: the speech e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas.