The administration has announced that starting next fall, the university will stop offering evening classes in many departments. According to a university administrator, the decision was prompted by a steady decline in enrollments in evening classes. "Evening classes are just too small," the administrator said. When asked to explain the decline in enrollments, the administrator pointed to the fact that most evening classes are taught by teaching assistants, who are usually graduate students. "Surveys show that students prefer to take classes taught by experienced faculty members, the spokesperson said, “Probably because they simply know more than graduate teaching assistants do.
- The final project for this course will be an oral presentation. Students must work with an assigned partner to select a topic and complete all related research for the project. The partners will orally present their research to the class during the last t 53
- TPO 30 - Question 1A friend of yours is looking for a new place to live and has asked for your advice. What do you think is the most important characteristic of a good neighborhood? Use details and examples to explain your answer. 51
- TPO 32 - Question 1Students often like to study with others in a group. What do you think are the benefits of group study? Give at least one benefit. Explain your reasons. 78
- TPO 32 - Question 2Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should receive money for doing household tasks such as cleaning. Use specific examples and details to support your opinion. 83
- TPO 32 - Question 3An Airport Bus for School BreaksStudents who fly home for the winter and spring breaks need to get to and from the airport, which is a half-hour drive from campus. I think the university should run a free bus service for students betwee 80
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 593.0 593.389002037 100% => OK
No of words: 148.0 154.784114053 96% => More words wanted. You may: choose simpler words or speak faster or remove hesitations or remove long pauses, and fully use the time, do NOT save one or two seconds.
Chars per words: 4.00675675676 3.82920900774 105% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.48791127476 3.52088357496 99% => OK
Word Length SD: 1.88699898173 1.81998168104 104% => OK
Unique words: 82.0 93.7942973523 87% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.554054054054 0.608046397892 91% => More unique words wanted or less content wanted.
Syllable count: 177.3 185.724439919 95% => OK
Avg_syllables_per_word: 1.2 1.20224032587 100% => OK
Performance on coherence:
Topic speech coherence ratio: 0.0712221103888 0.0833886788687 85% => OK
Acoustic performance on paragraphs:
How many acoustic paragraphs: 1.0 3.90020366599 26% => Need more acoustic paragraphs.
Average paragraph length: 148.0 71.3690273242 207% => The average paragraph length is high.
STD paragraph length: 0.0 24.1299301424 0% => OK
Average paragraph duration: 60.51 26.8388033085 225% => Need to control the rhythm of the speech
STD paragraph duration: 0.0 8.89323425527 0% => The duration of acoustic paragraphs keeps same.
Acoustic performance on sentences:
How many acoustic sentences: 36.0 40.266802444 89% => OK
Average acoustic sentence length: 4.11111111111 4.20756893501 98% => OK
STD acoustic sentence length: 3.30637244808 3.23972648638 102% => OK
Average acoustic sentences duration: 1.65416666667 1.51236819293 109% => OK
STD acoustic sentences duration: 0.975469616248 1.0352206224 94% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic silence:(An acoustic silence means a little pause between two or more words)
How many acoustic silence: 33.0 37.9022403259 87% => OK
Total acoustic silence duration: 6.46 7.22384928717 89% => OK
Average acoustic silence duration: 0.195757575758 0.193825474362 101% => OK
STD acoustic silence duration: 0.118629300459 0.16431695912 72% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic words:
Total word duration: 50.25 46.6644602851 108% => OK
Average word duration: 0.339527027027 0.304040633073 112% => OK
STD word duration: 0.177974088835 0.193491353168 92% => OK
Disfluencies: like hesitations, or 'ehn' or taking a long time to pronounce a word:
How many disfluencies: 10.0 8.88594704684 113% => OK
Total_disfluencies_duration: 7.57 6.97134419552 109% => OK
Total acoustic noise duration: 1.91 3.21433808554 59% => OK
Total speech duration: 60.51 59.1375356415 102% => Need to finish the speech on time.
Compare to expected duration: 1.0085 0.985625594026 102% => OK
Rate of silence: 0.545364402578 0.643888735843 85% => OK
Rate of speech: 2.44587671459 2.61565628039 94% => OK
Rate of speech by unique words: 1.35514790944 1.58604529434 85% => More unique words wanted.
Rate of word duration by unique words: 1.63184079602 2.01333574461 81% => Need more unique words.
Average articulation rates: 0.416006297297 0.322651457988 129% => OK
Rates: 61.6666666667 out of 100
Scores by speech e-grader: 18.5 Out of 30
Note: the speech e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas.