TPO13-Q3

Speaking topics in audio
Speaking topics in text

TPO13-Q3

New Stadium

A university official announced plans to spend $2 million to build a new athletic stadium, commenting that a new stadium would help the university achieve its goal of attracting more top students. The official also said that, additionally, building a new stadium would allow the university to strengthen its relationship with the town since a new and larger stadium would have the space to seat not only students, parents, and alumni, but members of the local community as well.

Question:

The woman expresses her opinion about the university’s plan. State her opinion and express the reasons she gives for holding that opinion.

Speaking recording
Speaking category

Text

The newspaper article announces that the university is going to build a new athletic stadium. The woman disagrees with the plan and thinks that it will not work for two reasons. Firstly, top students will not be thrilled only about campus conditions, considering that the laboratory equipment are very old, library needs some more books and the students’ hall is very small. So the university can spend this much money, $ 2 million, on better places rather than founding a new stadium. Secondly, people hardly ever come to see the games because their teams always lose and the team will not suddenly improve over a night. Additionally, people who have not come before to the stadium will not come now only because of the bigger place and more seats.