The university is pleased to announce that the Secretary of State will be making a one-hour speech on the future of modern warfare in the Kincaid Auditorium on Friday, May 14th, at 3:00 pm. Admission is guaranteed to all students in the Political Science

Speaking topics in text

The university is pleased to announce that the Secretary of State will be making a one-hour speech on the future of modern warfare in the Kincaid Auditorium on Friday, May 14th, at 3:00 pm. Admission is guaranteed to all students in the Political Science and Government departments. Applications are now open for one hundred additional seats in the audience. Applicants should fill out the accompanying form and include a 1000 word essay explaining why attendance would be important for them. A committee of professors from the Political Science and Government departments will evaluate the applications.
Script
Narrator

Now listen to two students discussing the announcement.

Female Student

Can you believe that the Secretary of State’s speech is being LIMITED to students in the Political Science and Government departments? It’s really UNFAIR that they get guaranteed access.

Male Student

Wait, really? I mean, don’t you agree that the Secretary of State’s speech is especially IMPORTANT to students in Government and Political Science?

Female Student

But what about students in History or Cultural Studies? It’s wrong to ASSUME that just because someone studies Government, this speech would automatically be more important for them.

Male Student

I guess so… But can’t you still apply to get a seat? So if it is important to you, you can just, uhh, show ‘em that it is.

Female Student

With the essay? That’s not exactly ideal. The people who judge the essays will be professors from GOVERNMENT and POLITICAL SCIENCE. They have their OWN ideas about what good and bad reasons are. They’ll be too prejudiced.

Male Student

You think?

Female Student

Oh, totally! I mean, how will they be able to judge an essay by…by someone like a poet, or a computer scientist, or…or a sculptor? They’ll probably just dismiss those essays completely!

Online speaking recording
Speaking category

23 in 30

Need to better organize the content. When talking about the woman, need to make the reasons like:
first, .....
second....