Stress is defined as a mental and physical condition that occurs when an adjustment or adaptation must be made to the environment. Unpleasant conditions or events cause stress, as, for example, financial problems, a divorce, health issues, or pressure at work. However, a certain amount of stress occurs even when the adjustment is to a condition that is perceived as desirable. Exercise, dating, moving to a new home, or taking a trip are all stressful situations. Although short-term stress is usually harmless, the consequences of long-term stress can be dangerous to health. Factors that decrease the consequences of stress are the ability to predict stressful situations and the level of control over them that can be achieved.Explain the causes of stress and relate them to the experiment with rats.
- TPO 31 - Question 1 Parents need to make sure their children lead healthy lives. What can parents do to help their children have healthy lifestyles? 83
- TPO 30 - Question 1 A friend of yours is looking for a new place to live and has asked for your advice. What do you think is the most important characteristic of a good neighborhood? Use details and examples to explain your answer. 60
- TPO 34 - Question 1 Your university plans to open a cafe inside the campus library. Do you think this is a good idea? Explain why or why not. 50
- TPO 11 - Question 2 Some people think that children should be allowed to watch whatever television programs they choose to. Others think that parents should exercise control over the television programs their children watch. Which do you agree with? Expla 50
- Some people believe that the best way to succeed is to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Other people think that hard work is not as important as good luck. Which point of view do you think is true and why? Use specific reasons and examples to supp 80
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 656.0 592.248995984 111% => OK
No of words: 146.0 155.574297189 94% => More words wanted. You may: choose simpler words or speak faster or remove hesitations or remove long pauses, and fully use the time, do NOT save one or two seconds.
Chars per words: 4.49315068493 3.80514564318 118% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.47606760199 3.525876923 99% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.54882883485 1.79077849142 142% => OK
Unique words: 89.0 93.7148594378 95% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.609589041096 0.604071249207 101% => OK
Syllable count: 190.8 185.844578313 103% => OK
Avg_syllables_per_word: 1.3 1.19417670683 109% => OK
Performance on coherence:
Topic speech coherence ratio: 0.0418909062335 0.0650381309087 64% => OK
Acoustic performance on paragraphs:
How many acoustic paragraphs: 2.0 4.35341365462 46% => OK
Average paragraph length: 73.0 68.503853103 107% => OK
STD paragraph length: 31.0 21.3332995233 145% => OK
Average paragraph duration: 29.965 25.9943957902 115% => OK
STD paragraph duration: 14.275 7.84667146824 182% => OK
Acoustic performance on sentences:
How many acoustic sentences: 27.0 42.0642570281 64% => OK
Average acoustic sentence length: 5.40740740741 4.02192344571 134% => OK
STD acoustic sentence length: 4.27966128168 3.1217529195 137% => OK
Average acoustic sentences duration: 2.16925925926 1.45093177766 150% => OK
STD acoustic sentences duration: 1.64864911238 0.99851816184 165% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic silence:(An acoustic silence means a little pause between two or more words)
How many acoustic silence: 21.0 39.0421686747 54% => OK
Total acoustic silence duration: 3.51 7.12997991968 49% => OK
Average acoustic silence duration: 0.167142857143 0.185688545393 90% => OK
STD acoustic silence duration: 0.15137914737 0.155154303396 98% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic words:
Total word duration: 52.21 47.1480722892 111% => OK
Average word duration: 0.357602739726 0.305395592593 117% => OK
STD word duration: 0.210476643661 0.189427763521 111% => OK
Disfluencies: like hesitations, or 'ehn' or taking a long time to pronounce a word:
How many disfluencies: 11.0 7.94979919679 138% => It may have 'ehn' in the speaking, or it has hesitations or overlapping speeches.
Total_disfluencies_duration: 9.11 6.2937751004 145% => Somehow the hesitation is serious.
Total acoustic noise duration: 2.45 3.39508032129 72% => OK
Total speech duration: 59.93 59.7592369478 100% => OK
Compare to expected duration: 0.998833333333 0.995987282463 100% => OK
Rate of silence: 0.350408810279 0.656000678711 53% => OK
Rate of speech: 2.43617553813 2.60215298798 94% => OK
Rate of speech by unique words: 1.48506591023 1.56821927147 95% => More unique words wanted.
Rate of word duration by unique words: 1.70465428079 1.99336655568 86% => Need more unique words.
Average articulation rates: 0.419787034247 0.317803793328 132% => OK
Rates: 66.6666666667 out of 100
Scores by speech e-grader: 20.0 Out of 30
Note: the speech e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas.