TPO 03 - Question 4 Cognitive Dissonance Individuals sometimes experience a contradiction between their actions and their beliefs-between what they are doing and what they believe they should be doing. These contradictions can cause a kind of mental di

Speaking topics in text: 

TPO 03 - Question 4

Cognitive Dissonance

Individuals sometimes experience a contradiction between their actions and their beliefs-between what they are doing and what they believe they should be doing. These contradictions can cause a kind of mental discomfort known as cognitive dissonance. People experiencing cognitive dissonance often do not want to change the way they are acting, so they resolve the contradictory situation in another way, they change their interpretation of the situation in a way that minimizes the contradiction between what they are doing and what they believe should be doing.

Speaking topics in audio: 

Using the example discussed by the professor, explain what cognitive dissonance is and how people often deal with it.

Speaking category: 
Your rating: None Average: 10 (1 vote)
This speaking topic by other users:
Post date Users Rates More about the speaking
2 months 4 days ago mojtaba_aam 80 Read full essay
3 months 2 weeks ago Maryabb 80 Read full essay
5 months 3 weeks ago ying.ma 79.33329999999999 Read full essay
7 months 1 week ago Tulips 71 Read full essay
8 months 1 week ago mahabub 0 Read full essay
9 months 4 days ago daniel8564 63 Read full essay
9 months 6 days ago donya goodarz 73 Read full essay
10 months 2 weeks ago mgrajapt 0 Read full essay
11 months 3 weeks ago JohnNYC 70 Read full essay
11 months 4 weeks ago Toefl2016 80 Read full essay

Pages

More speakings by this user:
Extensive reading & listening: - reading & listening will help speaking
Intensive TOEFL reading & listening from TPO:

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

Cognitive dissonance is the discomfort caused by the conflict between our actions and believes. People tend to change their perspective to deal with it. The professor talks about his own experience. He was addicted to video games in high school and that caused him a poor grade in chemistry class. His solution was to change his perspective. Because he didn’t want to become a chemist, he thought that chemistry class was not that important to him anyway. He used to think that doing well in school meant doing well in all classes, but to solve the conflict, he decided that doing well in school meant only doing well in the classes that are related directly to his future career.

Pages