TPO 07 - Question 4
A sample Answer to this speaking in text:
The professor talks about behavior modification which is people would change or modify a behavior according to the result of that behavior. The professor gives the example of school kids. When they interrupt the teacher or misbehave in any other way, the teacher gets angry and might punish them by not allowing them to play outside. So the kids will learn those behaviors get them in trouble, and will likely stop doing it. On the other hand, when they behave themselves in the classroom, the teacher will tell them she’s proud of them and put a little happy face sticker on their homework. Therefore the kids will begin to act in the way in which they can receive more compliment.
1. Now listen to part of lecture on the topic in a psychology class.
2. This happens all the time with kids in schools.
3. Say there is a little boy or a girl who's just starting school.
4. Well, they are not really used to the rules about proper behavior for a classroom.
5. So at the beginning, they might, I don't know, interrupt the teacher, walk around the classroom when they are supposed to be sitting down, you know just misbehaving in general.
6. OK, but what happens?
7. Well, the teacher gets angry with them when they act this way.
8. They might get punished.
9. They have to sit at their desks when everyone else is allowed to go outside and play, and they certainly don't like that.
10. Soon they'll learn that this kind of behavior gets them in trouble.
11. They'll also learn that when they raise their hand to talk to the teacher and sit quietly and pay attention during class, they are rewarded.
12. The teacher tells them she is proud of them, and maybe puts little happy face stickers on their homework.
13. Now that their behavior gets a good reaction from the teacher, the kids learn to always act this way in class and not behave the way they used to.