Using the examples of the peanut bug and the morpho butterfly, explain the concept of revealing coloration.
Many animals use coloration to protect themselves from predators. One defensive strategy involving the use of coloration is what is known as revealing coloration. Animals employing this strategy have an area of bright color on some part of their body; this bright color is usually hidden from predators' view. When approached by a predator, the animal suddenly reveals the area of bright color; this unexpected display of color startles or confuses the predator and provides the would-be prey with an opportunity to escape.
- Explain the concept of ritualization using the example of dogs discussed by the professor. (75)
- Using the example of the pronghorn and lion, explain the concept of a relict behavior. (90)
- Using points and examples form the lecture, explain how the characteristics of target customers influence marketing strategy for products. (90)
- Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing. Then state which solution you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation. (90)
- State whether you agree or disagree with the following statement. Then explain your reasons. Using specific details in your explanation. Students should not be allowed to bring cell phones (mobile phones) into classroom. (66)
- State whether you agree or disagree with the following statement. Then explain your reasons. Using specific details in your explanation. Students should not be allowed to bring cell phones (mobile phones) into classroom. (83)
- Choose a place you go to often that is important to you and explain why it is important. Please include specific details in your explanation. (83)
- Using points and examples form the talk, explain internal and external locus of control. (90)
- The students discuss two possible solutions to the man's problem. Briefly summarize the problem. Then state which of the two solutions you prefer and explain why. (71)
- The woman supports the proposal described in the article. Explain why she thinks it will achieve the university's goals. (63)