Narrator Listen to a conversation between two students Man Hey Marnie What s wrong Woman Oh I m just struggling about what to do I won an award from the Creative Writing Institute for a story I wrote and Man That doesn t sound like anything s wrong Woman

Speaking topics in text

Narrator Listen to a conversation between two students. Man Hey, Marnie. What's wrong? Woman Oh ... I'm just struggling about what to do ... I won an award from the Creative Writing Institute for a story I wrote, and ... Man That doesn't sound like anything's wrong! Woman Well, it's a huge honor to win, and there's an award ceremony they've invited me to attend-which I'm so excited about-but-and here's what's frustrating-I've got a biology exam that's scheduled for the same time. Man Uh-oh. Well, have you talked to your professor about this? Woman Yeah ... she said I could write a five-page paper instead, and I have lots of ideas and know I could do a good job, but ... Man But what? Woman Well, writing a paper would take up so much time ... a lot more time than studying for and taking the exam. I have lots of other schoolwork to deal with. Man Oh. Or you could have someone else receive the award for you ... I mean go in your place and accept it on your behalf? Woman Maybe. I'd still get the award and the money that way ...
Man Ooh-you won money too? Woman Yeah, pretty cool, huh? But anyways, my parents were really looking forward to coming and seeing me onstage shaking hands with the lnstitute's president and all. I'd hate to disappoint them. Man True. I'm sure they're really proud. Woman Like I said, I'm still struggling about what to do. Narrator The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem. Briefly summarize the problem. Then state which of the solutions you recommend and explain why.

Speaking recording
Speaking category